for April 2018
School Board Agenda
The Board of Education of Independent School District No. 72 of McCurtain County, Oklahoma, will meet in regular session at 5:30 p.m. on April 9 , 2018, at the Holly Creek School Cafeteria, North from McCurtain County Courthouse on Central, Approximately six miles continuing North at “Y” to intersection.
Note: The Board may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table, or decide not to discuss any item on the agenda.
- Call to order.
- Roll Call
- Open discussion, limit five (5) minutes
- Superintendent’s Report
- Action Items:
- Vote to approve/disapprove the minutes of the March 12, 2018 regular meeting.
- Vote to approve/disapprove open transfers for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Vote to recognize Mrs. Lou Tillman to present the Professional/Staff Development for 2018-2019.
- Vote to approve/disapprove professional/staff development for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Vote to approve/disapprove Application for Temporary Appropriations prepared by Jenkins/Kemper CPA for 2018-2019.
- Vote to approve/disapprove participation in the Chickasaw Nation, Summer Electronic Benefits Program during the summer. This program provides summer food to children who qualify for Free/Reduced meals during the school year.
- Vote to approve/disapprove out of state trip to Texarkana for the Sequoyah readers on April 24, 2018.
- Vote to appoint and approve an authorized representative for the new Child Nutrition Application and Claiming System.
- Vote to approve/disapprove contract with Gabbart Communication for web-hosting for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Consideration and vote to convene/not convene into Executive Session, pursuant to 25 O.S. (B) (1,2,3,4) for the purpose of discussing the following items:
- Discussion of any personnel issues.
- Any resignations received since last board meeting.
- Vote to reconvene open session.
STATEMENT OF EXECUTIVE SESSION AS READ BY PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD.
- Vote to recognize Supt. Brumley to present the Superintendent’s recommendations concerning any personnel issues and any resignations received.
- Consideration and vote to accept/not accept Superintendent’s recommendation on any personnel issues and any resignation received and any budget issues.
- Vote to recognize Supt. Brumley to present the Superintendent’s recommendations concerning the budget and policies.
- Consideration and vote to accept/not accept Superintendent’s recommendation concerning the budget and policies.
- Vote to approve/disapprove purchase orders for April, 2018 and expenses for May, 2018.
- Vote to adjourn.
Posted in this public place this the 6th day of April, 2018.
Shirley Potts, Minutes Clerk